This privacy notice applies to personal information collected and processed by or on behalf of Pixels Helsinki Oy, when acting in the capacity of data controller.
In this document, “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Pixels Helsinki Oy.
1.1 Changes to this Policy
This policy may change from time to time, and this page will be updated accordingly. You can check the version number and the date when the policy was updated by checking section 14 of this policy.
1.2 About Us
We are Pixels Helsinki Oy, c/o Friendzone, Eerikinkatu 28 11a, 00180 Helsinki, Finland and we act as a data controller of personal data collected or provided to us. You can contact us with any questions regarding this policy using the contact information in section 13 of this policy.
1.3 Who’s responsible for data protection?
At Pixels Helsinki Oy, responsibility for data protection falls to the CEO. We may choose to identify another person responsible for data protection at any time without notice. Whoever the person responsible is, they can always be contacted using the information in section 13 at the end of this policy, marking attention of “The Data Protection Responsible”.
2. What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the context in which we are collecting the data. It might include:
- Personal details, such as your:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Birth country
- Social security number
- Tax number
- Sick leave information
- Bank account information
- Contact details, such as your:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Physical address
- Work details, such as your:
- The name of the company you work for
- Your position at your work
- Identification documents, such as your:
- National identity card
- Residence or work permit
3. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information in a variety of ways, depending on the context and purpose of collection. Sources include:
- From you directly, including via telephone, email, verbally or post.
- From your associates, such as your colleagues, who might provide us personal information to register you to use services we use to deliver our services.
- From our website, such as through email newsletter signups, contact forms or analytics and tracking services.
- From our jobs website.
- From our business partners who provide services we use in providing you with our business services.
4. Why are we collecting your personal information?
We only collect information that we need or you provide us. Why we collect that information differs depending on the context and purpose of collection.
The legal basis for collecting your personal information differs depending on the context and purpose of collection, but it will be one of the following:
- Where we have a contract with you or your employer to provide a product or services, such as:
- To provide an offer for products or services, as requested by you or your employer.
- To share with business partners who provide us with services we use to provide you with our products and services.
- To manage products and services we are providing you.
- Where we have a legal obligation, such as:
- To report data to government bodies as required by law.
- Where we have your explicit consent, such as:
- For direct marketing.
- To process your application to a job with us.
5. How do we use your personal information?
How we use your personal information differs depending on the context and purpose of collection. We use your personal information for the following:
- Direct marketing about our products and services.
- Direct marketing about products or services related to past projects you have done with us, through your employer or a previous employer.
- Providing a request for an offer for a product or service.
- Managing a product or service you have with us.
- Informing you of maintenance or changes that might impact a product or service you have purchased from us in the past.
- To invite you to third party services we use in order to provide you with our products and services.
- To process applications to work with us.
- To fulfil our legal obligations.
6. Who can access my data within Pixels Helsinki Oy
Access to personal information is made available only to a select group of employees of Pixels Helsinki Oy and only as necessary. Our network and equipment and that of our partners have been secured using appropriate measures.
7. Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information when it is necessary. With whom we share this information differs depending on the context and purpose of collection, but it may include the following:
- Business partners who we use to provide you with our products and services.
- Government organisations.
8. How long do we store your data?
We will store your information for a set period of time, this may differ depending on the context and purpose of collection, but will follow these criteria:
- For as long as we are providing a product or service to you.
- For as long as we need for potential legal claims.
- For as long as we have your explicit consent.
- For as long as we are legally obliged.
9. How can you withdraw your consent?
When you have provided explicit consent for us to collect and process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us and requesting to withdraw consent, or where possible, withdrawing your consent yourself through preferences or settings.
10. Transfer of your data outside of the European Union
We try to keep all your data inside the EU where possible. In the cases where this is not possible we will make sure, to the best of our ability, to safeguard your personal information for which we have been the controller, for example through separate agreements.
11. What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. Not all of the rights apply. This depends on the context and purpose of the collection of personal information. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Finnish National Data Protection Authority.
12. Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes. You can contact us using the contact information above to exercise these rights.
13. Contact Us
14. Policy Version and Update
Updated: 24 May 2018